Thrift Inspiration....School Gate Style for the March Charity Challenge

Hi everyone! I've been eagerly awaiting the lovely Avril's March Charity Challenge as you all may be aware that practically 90% of my wardrobe is from the charity shops.

It's the 8th of the month today and because I've been working I hadn't really been thrift shopping this month-well I did have a look in my local town's ones on Thursday but I didn't find anything worth buying. 
As Avril says in her latest post, it's always worth making a beeline to the coats and jackets rails first and for me the bags, shoes and denim are all priority to check out too. 

After dropping hubby at work this morning I headed straight to a neighbouring town for a spot of thrifting-it's the same town where I found my Yves Saint Laurent vintage cheesecloth shirt in my last post. I also went there as they had a shoe menders and I had to put in a couple of pairs of ankle boots to be reheeled (£10 a pair- is that a lot??).

Anyhow, I went into the Richard House Childrens Hospice and immediately hit the coat rail where they were having a sale. I came across a style of jacket that's been on my radar for a while now- a sheepskin biker style jacket and at a bargain £7.50, I couldn't leave it behind:


It's completely sheepskin lined and thankfully is not one of those really heavy jackets either:


I love the sleeves slightly shorter as I can show off my cuffs which is a look I'm really into lately:


Like Avril, I love jeans and this pair of River Island jeans were a charity shop thrift find from last year and are definitely one of my favourite pairs-not only are they super comfy but i just love the acid wash finish too.

Also on the rail this morning was a vintage black faux fur Opera style coat by makers Glenn Models Ltd-the coat was made in the UK and I'm guessing is from the 60s, possibly 70s:


It's in a faux Astrakhan textured material and is not overly thick, so perfect for Spring with a sweatshirt underneath:


This was reduced to £10 so again it had to come home with me and is a perfect fit. I've been after a black vintage coat for a while now, so this one fits the bill perfectly and is ideal for wearing with skinny jeans during the day and is lovely for evening dressing too:


Of course I will be linking upto Avrils challenge for the month with this post and it would be great if you also can link up any fabulous charity shop finds to her post here

After a long absence I'm also linking up to the lovely Claire Justine for her weekend blog hop here and she is also showing off her charity shop find too, do check out if you get the chance!

Wishing you a fabulous weekend whatever you get upto, my shopping budget for the week has been all spent up today what with my boots needing to be repaired so the rest of this weekend will involve catching up with housework, rest and relaxation, reading and catching up with lovely bloggers!