Windsmoor Grey Longline Jacket Find.......Thrift Mission Accomplished!!

Hi everyone! I hope you are all having a great week so far, I don't have to work until Friday but I'm currently busy with my younger son and hospital and dentist appointments this week. Monday and Tuesday were fairly free days so I decided to go a thrifting in 2 or 3 local towns. 

I was looking for a grey longline tailored jacket/coat which had so far eluded me and I've come across plenty of grey blazers and jackets which wasn't really what I wanted. Ever since the Isabel Marant/H&M collection was launched and I saw their version of tailored grey jackets, I knew I wanted something similar but not so masculine styled. Also from looking around I came to realise that plain grey was not really flattering on me-it's funny how we envision how much we want something in particular but when trying on the said item it doesn't quite live up to expectations! Here are pictures of what's inspired me lately:





I love this next look-the coat is not too oversized and the whole outfit is simply casual yet chic-my type of look!


I soon realised that going for something texturised might be better suited for me as my black and white tweed coat that I'm always wearing is a real favourite and I love the mix of colouring more than just one plain colour.

With this in mind I was really pleased to find this Windsmoor wool longline jacket yesterday for £10. Windsmoor is an English company that has been going since 1939 and was always synomynous with traditional tailoring using quality woollen textiles in British mills. The company is now owned by the Jacques Vert group, who also own Jacques Vert, Precis, Planet and Windsmoor.
 My very first work coat was bought in our local town's department store from the Windsmoor label and was pillar box red in a longline cocoon shape. The brand has a strong British Heritage that is still popular in major department stores now, such as House of Fraser.
Back to the jacket, it runs true to size and is quite a good fit-the material is a virgin wool mix in a black and white textured tweed style. It is not coat thick but will be so ideal for layering with a grey or black tee (or black merino wool sweater) and a denim shirt or jacket- I might even experiment with a leather jacket or black tailored jacket underneath. Of course my bottoms of choice will be my favourite jeans of the moment! 





So one item ticked off my wishlist- I'm now hunting the perfect pair of bleached distressed skinny jeans and so far my favourite store find has been from Gap, so I'm either going to treat myself next month or hold out for a thrift find for something similar!

Thanks as always for your continued reading and leaving comments, it goes without saying that it's much appreciated and even though I am not commenting as much, I am certainly reading and catching up with your blogs via bloglovin. Enjoy the rest of your week!!