Thrift Inspiration......One Scarf In, One Jacket Out

Hi everyone!! Like a lot of style and fashion bloggers I have been reorganising and sorting out my wardrobe for Autumn and Winter over the past few weeks. I recently sold my Kate Moss for Topshop Liberty print jacket on ebay as it was too small (alas I have gained some weight which I should address by regular exercise but am still slow to gain any inspiration for this)-anyhow the jacket was too small and surplus to requirements and it gave me some ammunition and funds to put towards a new seasonal purchase.

I've been inspired by a few style bloggers recently who like me have a scarf addiction and have been wearing the new berry tones in existing scarves they have or by their new purchases. I decided that I wanted to get a statement scarf such as the Mulberry one I got last Christmas

Requirements for the new one included pure wool content, cream and berry hues with black if possible and I really did want a heritage brand thrown in for good measure. My local T K Maxx is generally a walk-thru from one side of the town to the other, but yesterday as I was walking through I had the brainwave to check out the scarves and I'm so pleased I did. After searching through the racks I found the perfect one for me which ticked all the boxes:


This scarf is by Aquascutum and has the cream, black and berry colours I wanted, plus it's 100% wool. It's wider than a normal scarf but smaller than a shawl, so will provide perfect coverage for colder spells:



The price was spot on too- for a heritage brand such as Aquascutum I would have expected to pay at least double what I did, so when I saw the price tag at £24.99 I was really pleased and knew I would be taking it home with me. 

This was a perfect swap for me, I now have the scarf I wanted and the jacket has gone to a new home. Reassessing and selling what you don't want in your wardrobe is a great way to raise funds for potential new purchases-will you be doing this for Autumn and Winter, or have you done so already?