High Winds at the Coast in my new Zara cap

 Hi everyone! I hope all of you in the UK are coping with the high winds we are currently experiencing, thankfully we did not incur any damage but I have seen a tree uprooted today-hopefully they are beginning to die down in a lot of areas, it really is quite frightening at how gusty it has been!

Yesterday we decided to take a drive to the coast so it was definitely a day for wrapping up against the wildly windy and occasionally wet weather.  I decided to debut my new Zara cap that I purchased on my Covent Garden trip a few weeks ago which is also available online here. I am also wearing my thrifted grey tweed jacket, a sweater bought in the Marks and Spencer's sale a couple of weeks ago; my River Island green camo/leopardprint jeans bought in their sale last month; my Dune biker boots and my Primark skull embossed clutch:


It was really really windy and I'm surprised and pleased that my cap stayed on for the whole duration of our visit!! There were quite a lot of people out and about- the beach is a perfect Autumn destination for a brisk walk, sea air and of course a decadently tasty typical seaside late lunch !!


These shots show how windy it was!!





We had such a lovely stroll and even went on the beach too-then it was destination chip shop for some fresh fat chips and then on the return leg stopping off for our delicious desert of whipped ice cream with butter pecan sauce and a freshly baked hot donut- definitely the order of the day!!


I felt so thoroughly windswept but deliciously full by this last photo and it was time to get in the car for a leisurely cruise home!



I am linking this post to the lovely Claire Justine for Creative Monday. I hope you all have a good week ahead- it's half term for me so no early morning starts of ironing uniforms and getting the little 'un up and out- hurrah!!