Thrift Inspiration...... Isabel Marant Bator Tweed Coat Style!

Hi everyone!! I do hope all of you have had a fabulous week and most importantly, now looking forward to the weekend, yay!! It was definitely jacket and umbrella weather today and I'm not really sure what to expect for the coming weekend-I haven't packed away summer clothes just yet, so here's hoping we have an Indian summer for a few weeks yet!

One item that I've been after for the past few winters is a black and white tweed oversized coat. Many people have their versions and here are my favourite picks which I find most inspirational and well styled for the colder weather to come:






This last photo is from Golestaneh street style blog- I really love her style here, such a casual chic and cosy look!! Her Isabel Marant Bator coat is from a few seasons ago but this style is so timeless and versatile and looks good with any type of chunky knit, white, blue or coloured skinny jeans and leather skinny jeans too.

 The stylish and timeless Isabel Marant Bator coat


I really did not need another winter coat but after nipping in to my local Sue Ryder charity shop earlier this week I just had to nab this wool mix version-pictured below which is by Debenhams and was a wonderful £8.99. It also meant I got more stamps and reached the end on my Sue Ryder loyalty card, so my next visit gives me £5 to spend for free!!


I also bought a few weeks ago some faux leather jeans from Primark-actually they are the only pair of Primark jeans that have ever fitted me properly and I can't wait to wear the coat and jeans together with a chunky knit when the weather cools. The coat is the perfect length and although it is my size it has room for a knit to go underneath just nicely:



I knew if I didn't snap it up I would regret it, for me it's a perfect Autumnal jacket and I now just need to invest in a black wool polo neck and also a wine colour handbag!!

What style of coat will you be wearing or hoping to buy this coming season?

(All photos: google images)