Thrift and Vintage Inspiration, The Liberty of London Bag with a past!

Hi everyone! My latest thrift find was this gorgeous brown leather mock croc messenger bag by Liberty of London and I bought it earlier this week in my local Salvation Army for just £1.99:


I really didn't need another bag as such, but one that leaves you hands free is always welcome and the bag has a real 'Heritage' vibe which seems to be always in trend come every Autumn season. Another buying plus is it's leather and from Liberty's of London!!


It is an ideal bag to take shopping as I can fit the bare essentials of my phone and purse in it and still have some room left over. I generally always come back from town with food shopping bags so a handbag that goes cross body will really be handy. 


The bag is Italian leather and I know for a fact it is at least nearly 20 years old, because I found an interesting piece of paper in the side zipper pocket:



The previous owner obviously loved their Arts and maybe attended this exhibition for the private viewing?? Having this in the bag really feels like the bag had quite a 'cultured' life before it finally came to me! I can't promise it any visits to future art exhibitions, but I'll certainly try to use it as often as I can!!

What is your bag of choice to use at the moment? Do you stick with one bag for weeks on end or do you like to chop and change your handbag on an almost every day basis?