Thrifty Finds: Chanel, Valentino, Vintage Celine, Burberry, Michael Kors and DVF-My Charity Shop Haul!!

Hi everyone!! Well what an amazing few days I've had!! On my way home from volunteering on Wednesday afternoon, I had a few things to do and my last port of call was the local Salvation Army charity shop. I was going in there to see if I could track down a black wool polo neck or turtle neck-which I actually did, even though I've not shown it here. It's a Marks & Spencer lambswool turtle neck which was £2.99, so am now sorted on that for Autumn and Winter. Well I first saw a couple of Ralph Lauren blazers which I picked up to try on, but they were left in the end as they were too short in the sleeves. Then I picked up a paisley dress (which didn't even get a try on due to the forthcoming excitement and also the shop was due to close, so it was hurry hurry hurry!).
THEN I PICKED UP MY NEXT ITEM-LOOKED IN AWE AND SHOCK AT IT AND MADE A BEELINE STRAIGHT FOR THE CHANGING ROOMS.........


Yes, a Chanel cardigan jacket AND in my size too!! This is from the Autumn collection in 2005, you can see the date code on the label 05 (year) A (Autumn) 42 UK 12


 Of course the detailing is just wonderful, there are cute little pockets, ribbon threaded throughout with boucle knit trimming, a double C zip pull and 3/4 length sleeves:


It's a wool, cashmere and angora blend-so soft and warm


The main detailing which I didn't see until I get home is the silver chain around the bottom of the jacket to weight it down.


The price? As you could see in the first picture- an unbelievable £4.99!!! I'm sure the staff must have thought it was a fake to have sold it for so cheap. Having already my 90's Chanel jacket, I could compare the two and the labeling and the quality are just top notch and 100% genuine:


This is definitely a keeper- I've regretted selling finds in the past and this is up with my Ossie Clark find which was in 2006 and got sold a couple of years later to help pay for bills. I'll always have bills, but I won't always find Chanel jackets in the charity shops!!


The interior of the jacket does not show any of the ribbon stitching which just goes to show what exquisite quality Chanel pieces really are:


My photos are not good quality though, so please excuse how some of them have come out! I could not believe my luck and that wasn't all, I also found this gorgeous dark green olive leather gilet by Valentino which I bought and was my 2nd bargain of the evening- also priced at £4.99 and a perfect fit too!!


The gold chain detailing is totally gorgeous and I can't wait to start wearing this!!



 So as I had found these treasures just before the shop closed I was itching to check it out again first thing yesterday morning and did I came up trumps yet again- a vintage Celine wool skirt suit, in my size for £9.99:


THE perfect colour for this coming Autumn and Winter and I'll enjoy wearing them more as separates




The tailoring and attention to detail is superb, the buckle on the skirt band has the double C and is also engraved with Celine


I pulled this bucket hat out of the £1 basket-it's a fully reversible Burberry one which is plain beige on the other side:


I had to have this Michael Kors trenchcoat too-again in my size for a splendid £9.99


The photo quality is pretty naff so the colouring looks really uneven here (even though it's not) but in true life it's more of a caramel colour and after giving it a cold wash it's come out a treat!! This will be invaluable for when the heatwave stops and normal British weather resumes!!


Here is the Diane Von Furstenberg dress which I snaffled too, it's in tissue paper fine silk and unfortunately when I washed it, it caught on something else and  there is a little rip in it, but I should be able to mend it. Another summer dress for a wonderful £4.99:



So it really looks like someone had the job of sorting out their own or someone else's designer wardrobe and thankfully it came to me via the charity shop.  It just goes to show that there are things to be found if you're prepared to be patient and look hard enough too. I really love my finds and very thankful I am for them!!

I hope you've enjoy viewing them and that it also gives you real inspiration to seek and find your next designer bargain-you never know what you will find so be sure never to miss out on giving your local charity shop a visit!