Outfit Post: Dorothy Perkins thrifted vintage style summer dress

Hi everyone! I thought I would show you one of my newest thrift finds-this is from a newly opened charity shop in my local town, the Saint Francis Hospice and prices are really very reasonable. For the short time it's been open, I've managed to snag a couple of bargains from there already.
One of them being this Dorothy Perkins summer dress which to me is very vintage inspired. I really love black and floral's combined and the turquoise border at the bottom of the dress really adds that extra pop of colour:


The floral detailing and fit and flare style of the dress make it so stylish to wear for the hot weather we're having and the price of it-just £2.50 meant I snapped it up without trying it on! Unfortunately a lot of the charity shops where I live have either closed or purposely don't have changing rooms anymore due to high level of thefts. What a shame people feel they have to resort to stealing from a charity shop of all places, prices are generally so cheap I do feel it's so unnecessary and not nice at all for the charities involved. The same as bartering- I don't tend to barter in a charity shop unless an item is damaged and has not been shown as such on the label, then I will cheekily ask if I could have a small discount. Even if they did not reduce the item I would still buy it for the price shown.
 Anyhow, the new to me dress got an outing earlier this week and I should have taken a back shot of it as it has lovely tie back detailing across the shoulders and the waist.


I am also wearing a pair of silver sandals that I bought quite a few years ago which were actually from my local Dorothy Perkins-they were a summer sale bargain at just £5 and are most comfortable too. I love metallic sandals for summer, but the pairs I have are really on their last legs and I will look forward to getting some new ones next summer.


I hope you're all having a good week-we are due a bank holiday weekend and hopefully the weather is going to continue to be really nice-wishing you all a great week so far!!