Pops of Neon- Outfit Post

Hi everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend, the weather here in the UK has been really great- I even managed to have a lie in my hammock on Saturday afternoon, I really think Spring has arrived-hurray!!

Yesterday I also reorganised my wardrobe so all of my summer clothes were easily accessible. Summer skirts, blouses and tees are all now at hand to start wearing and with this in mind I decided to wear something that included neon in my outfit.

Whilst on twitter last week I saw a Marie Clare feature on Primark's Spring/Summer 2013 range and on browsing, I saw an amazing scarf that I had to go and check out. Unfortunately the said scarf was not in my local branch but I still managed to get hold of a different one (scarf addict that I am) in cream and black. I also decided to check out the costume jewellery and nabbed a few pieces too-notably neon which for me is the ideal way to dip into this trend for the Summer season.

So my Sunday outfit of choice was this old favourite blouse which is by Topshop and was a boot sale find a couple of summers ago for just £2. Im wearing it with my Japanese Michiko Koshino boyfriend style jeans and my hot pink studded flats:




I'm also wearing my new Primark yellow neon hoop earrings:


Here is a close up of the top-it's a real favourite find with a lot going on. Embroidered neon stars, skulls, birds and floral and leafy swirls:




A close up of my hot pink neon suede style studded flats which are really comfortable and a perfect weekend shoe:




For such a small area of blouse, there is a lot of detail going on in such a variety of neon and cobwebby stitched detailing:




Here is a close up to show my neon earrings- I really love neon but now I'm older a touch of it works better for me rather than investing in a particular item of clothing for this trend. Saying that, if I found the right item I would get a bag or footwear in neon yellow-it goes so well with white and denim for trendy Summer styling:



I am linking this outfit post to the lovely Patti of NotDeadYetStyle for Visible Monday.

Will you be wearing neon this season-maybe you already have an item of clothing or accessory in this trend or are you too awaiting to find the right piece for you?