Outfit Post: Herringbone Tweed, Street Style


For a long while now I have been searching for a vintage herringbone coat-for me they are a perfect trans-seasonal coat which can take you from Winter to Spring without looking like you're obviously wearing your winter coat. This is Anja Rubik wearing her herringbone coat that she has teamed with denim and black opaque tights, a really chic look for any season (except Summer!!)


Here is herringbone tweed again and a perfect street style look that is so casual chic for daytime. The cut and length of this coat is perfect for warding off that unpredictable weather that Spring brings:



I finally found one a couple of months ago-it is pure wool herringbone tweed, so similar to Harris Tweed and super lightweight and warm too. Being a vintage piece means I will be wearing it with denim and black to give it a modern feel:



Being midi length it will be an ideal coat to take me from Autumn to Winter too and I'm also wearing my ruched faux leather leggings that I've had for ages and have now started wearing again. The coat was from my local Sue Ryder charity shop for only £7.99, such a bargain for a coat and a 100% wool one at that:




The style and colour of this coat is a warmer alternative to a trench and I'm now hoping to track down a shorter version in grey or black as a possible extra for my winter wardrobe:



Vintage coats are a must have for my wardrobe-not only are they better made, the quality and wool content is so much higher than modern high street alternatives and you also have something that is unique to you.

Do you have vintage coats in your wardrobe and what styles are they?